14 Ways To Maintain Your Drainage System And Keep It Blockage Free
Drainage System's Can Clog At Any Time Without Any Regard For Your Schedule. Apart from it being unsightly, the possibility of it posing safety and health risks and even causing flood, air pollution and leakage abound. However, regular maintenance can help avoid these problems.
When debris, small objects, grease, and intrusive tree roots pile up in a drainage system, it will clog. Even if blockages don't occur in your own pipes, they can happen in the larger main lines q leading to problem's for a number of people.
Why Let Your Drainage System Get Clogged Up When With These Fifteen Maintenance Tips, You Can Prevent It?
1. Use a plunger for minor clogs as it is truly effective. It really is.
2. A couple times a week, pull up your bathtub stoppers to check for early signs of blockage. Also, remember to wash the stopper before placing it back in the drain.
3. If You Shed A Lot Of Hair, Make Sure You Put A Mesh Over The Bath Or Sink Drain Before Washing It. The same way you would prevent food from going down the kitchen sink, you should also prevent hair from washing into the bathroom pipes.
4. You should comb your hair before taking a bath to get rid of loose hair and avoid hair clumps in your bath drain.
5. Get grates installed over each drain in your house by hiring a plumber to do it. When Getting Your Drains Cleaned, Use A Drain Cleaner That Is Anti - Bacterial And Which Is Not Corrosive.
6. Plant flowers and trees away from your pipes to prevent their roots growing into your drains.
7. Go into a yearly contract with a drainage company, so that, even without calling on them, you can benefit from occasional inspections and servicing of your drainage system. Companies like Drainage Wakefield in Wakefield have specific packages for different periods. Educate family members and friends about the maintenance of your home's drains.
8. Steer clear of chemical cleaners. They will damage your pipes in the long run.
9. Do Not Throw Rubbish In Your Drains. Use dustbins for that.
10. To ensure the best health for your drains, never put the following objects down them grease, oil, fat, coffee, meat, rice, gum, hair, condoms, medications, cosmetics and so on.
11. The only things allowed to go down the drain are; for your sink - water, and your toilet - water, urine and faeces.
12. Get A Wire Coat Hanger, Make It Straight, Then Bend One End Of It To Form A Hook, Slip The Hooked End Past Your Drain Cover And Use It To Fish Gunk Out From Your Drain.
13. Prevent grease from accumulating into your drain by pouring salty, hot water through your sink.
14. This is not a comprehensive list, as there are many other things you can do to maintain your drainage system. Whatever methods you choose, avoid acidic solutions at all costs!
If you have tried all of the above tips, but are still having problem's with blocked drains or slow drainage, don't try and force the blockage, as this can lead to damages. Rather, make the call for professional help if the issue persists. Technicians at Drainage Wakefield in Wakefield are among the best you can turn to for your drainage system needs.